Sunday, January 17, 2010

Boma


Today was a wonderful day.  After Tom came home from work we went to the Animal Kingdom Lodge with my grandparents.  We had a margarita by the reserve where you can see all of the wild life and we sat on rocking chairs relaxing.  Then we went to the Jambo House and had an amazing meal at Boma, the buffet style restaurant that has may varieties of African food.  It was so delicious!  They asked us if we would accept being the "Family of the Day" and introduced us to everyone waiting to be seated.  They played the drums on the way in to the market style restaurant and walked us over a bridge and sat us first.  They also handed us a certificate that said the McCausland Family is Boma's Family of the Day!  I think I will be going back there as soon as possible!  

On a side note, my Grandfathers memory has slipped and is going downhill very very fast.  My Grandfather could not remember simple things today like where we were going or what we were doing.  He didn't remember that I was engaged once again, I have to tell him on a weekly basis.  I have been doing that since April 1st, when I was engaged, but today I got to show him the ring.  He didn't remember going to the Animal Kingdom Park, he didn't remember that we took two cars or what direction Right was in.  I was showing him something while we were driving and I said to the right and he was looking to the left and telling me yes I see it and it was completely the wrong direction.  I had to correct him and point it out for him again.  I made my Grandma bring an extra pair of clothes for him in case he had any accidents like he is having more frequently now and when he asked us why, I told him and he didn't ever remember having an accident ever in his life.  Their car smells like urine, from when he does have one and he has to leave where ever he is at, and he sits on the seats in his car.  He also had no recollection of where we were on disney property or on the way home.  

I told him I wanted him to stop driving because he will get lost "again"(2 weeks ago) and he laughed at me.  

Dinner was delicious though...

No comments:

Post a Comment